Saturday, May 19, 2012

Listography - Top 5 things I love about kids

Listography is back!

This month's theme* is: Top 5 things I love about kids. Not necessarily your own kids mind, just kids in general.
Because children really are a different breed aren't they? If men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, children must be from some far flung yet to be discovered galaxy where it's normal to walk around with a bucket on your head and a soup ladle in your hand singing Yankee Doodle Dandy in the style of Miley Cyrus.

I digress.

Here are my Top 5:

1.  Running.
Wouldn't it be great to be so excited about retrieving your notebook that you had to run into the living room to get it, before running back to the kitchen to write your shopping list? Or zooming up the stairs because you remembered that you had to brush your hair before legging it Joe 90s style to the front door so that you could unleash your enthusiasm onto the street? Ok so maybe not great so much as weird, but our kids do this all the time. Especially the boys, I think their 'walking' hard-wire malfunctioned when they were moving up the evolutionary chain.

2. Mispronunciations.
I gotta admit to being one of those mothers who don't correct their offspring when they continually mispronounce something. Indeed it's far more likely that instead of the child in question learning the correct word the entire family will adopt his \ her word instead.
Favourites to date are 'saw-wee' (sorry), I ludge you (I love you) and the wonderful Gine-awesome (a mixture of ginormous and awesome).

3. Pictures and Messages.
I know the pictures come a bit too hard and fast and you are left wrestling with a recycling bin that contains half the Amazon rainforest and a fridge that will soon collapse forward under exhaustion of carrying all the extra weight:
 However finding pictures and messages like this (and figuring out what they say) make it all worthwhile:
Happy Anniversary
I love you Mum. You are my favourite Mum.
4. Ability to remember.
The things that my children remember are frightening. 'Remember when we went to that place with the big waterfall and you had a chicken sandwich for lunch and I was wearing my red wellies?' WTF? First of all - no, I don't. And second of all - you were two goddamit!

5. Ability to forget.
I could be shouting at one of them whilst simultaneously pulling my hair out, punching the wall
and trying to catch them as they run away screaming and then 2 minutes later the same child will nonchalently walk into the kitchen and ask for a biscuit. This helps me sleep at night and I'm counting on there be being no lasting damage. *crosses fingers*

So do you have 5 things you love about kids? If you do then write your post up on your own blog and then come back here to link up with Mr. Linky below. Want to know more about Listgraphy - pop over to here.

*I mentioned in a previous post that Listography would moving from a weekly to a monthly slot from now on. Thanks to all of you who left such lovely comments and I REALLY hope you'll be around to join in still.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...