Monday, June 24, 2013

Why are my kids so fucking loud?

Seriously. Not just loud. Not just loud like other kids. Just too fucking loud. All. The. Time.

It is always their shouts I can hear when there's a bunch of kids playing in the street. It's always their screeching I can hear in a garden full of party people. It's always their...oh what's the point, I can't even hear myself have a moment of self pity over all the noise.

I understand kids are noisy, it's part of their job description. But this is just not normal.

The daughter's teacher even pulled me aside one day to mention how it was always her voice she could hear above everyone else's in the classroom and (with an innocent raised eyebrow) - 'had I noticed it?'

Had I fuck.

The problem is I don't know what to do about it.

Is it my fault? I do spend an inordinate amount of time trying to shout them down, but that's only because there doesn't seem to be many options left.

Perhaps I just need to buy some particularly good ear plugs.

Or stick my head in a bucket of water.

I guess at this rate I'll be deaf by Christmas anyway so it won't be a problem.

Anyone else got ridiculously loud kids? Or a solution to it that doesn't involve a life sentence in prison?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...